Select the primary role in which you would like to participate during sessions (necessary for lead/follow balance considerations).
Only fill this in if different from the city of your address (for example if you live in a suburb or neighboring city of the place where you primarily dance).
Do not worry too much about how to classify your level; simply make a best guess based on the largest event(s) you have attended. This selection does NOT correlate to placement within a specific week.
For the following questions, the word 'recent' can be interpreted to include events and activities before the disruption of the past 18 months.
Three Hard Questions
- For those who are unable to safely record recent partnered video in the present context, this year we will be accepting partnered video from before the disruption of the past 18 months. (Please clarify the age of such video in the corresponding Notes field.)
- Similar to in a level test, dancing in the video does not have to be flashy or impressive and is used primarily to observe core mechanics and overall quality of movement. Many applicants film themselves social dancing in their living room or at a public dance, or one may use non-choreographed contest/exhibition footage.
- Try to include at least two different song styles and/or tempos for a couple minutes each.
- If using footage which contains multiple couples, use the Notes field to indicate how to find you. (E.g.: couple on the left, red skirt, #102, spotlight starts at 2:45, etc.)
- If uploading to YouTube and do not want video to be publicly visible, be sure to set each video's Privacy Settings to "Unlisted". Do NOT set videos to "Private" or they will not work.
- If using a file-sharing service, generate a non-password-protected link which can be pasted into this form. (Do NOT use a file-sharing service's "share via email" functionality.)
- Videos should remain up/accessible through January.
Nominate other potential applicants whom you might like to have as fellow participants. (Be sure to remind/encourage them to apply!)
Only select those descriptors with which you actively identify. If you consider yourself somewhere in the middle or without preference between any listed pair of extremes, then you should not select either of them--i.e. you do NOT have to pick one for each pairing.
If you select any of the vegetarian/vegan/pescatarian/flexitarian options, be sure to explain your usual/preferred protein sources under "Further Clarification", below. (Note that this is to survey for planning purposes and does not guarantee that we will be able to provide any specific request.)